Thursday, April 3, 2008

my life: 90 day review & preview

my Uncle John loves to live life on purpose and in balance. watching him do this inspires me to live the same. to be honest, i want to live the next quarter of 2008 with a lot more purpose and balance. here's my review of the 1st quarter and preview of the 2nd:

1. What went well this past 90 days?
-i finished my time (4 1/2 years) as an employee of Dr. Pehrson
-i have loved living with the Elmers. i feel safe, affirmed, and loved every day.
-i spent a few precious days with my pregnant sister and my amazing brother-in-law in Nicaragua.
-i paid off my car early and became officially DEBT FREE!!!!!!!
-i celebrated the last birthday of my 20s.
-welcomed Pehrson baby #7, Witt, into the world on 1/18.
-i officially became a member of Buckhead Church.

2. What will you do differently for the next 90?
-walk or bike at least 100 miles a month
-find creative ways to make money
-spend more time in the Word
-talk less. listen more.
-grow in my trust and love of God

3. What are 2-3 things you will do in the following 5 areas of your life?

A. LIFE (For your spirit, soul and body)
-I will make my times with the Lord a top priority, delighting in and meditating on His Word day and night.
-I want to be full of the Spirit with a heart of love, joy, peace, patience, self control and more.
-I want to exercise 5-6 days a week

B. (FUTURE) MARRIAGE
-I will pray that God will continue to prepare my future husband and me for one another.
-I will fall more in love with Jesus.

C. FAMILY
-Mini family reunion in Charlotte 4/11-4/13 with Grandstaffs, Werners, Woodalls, Mays, Griffins and the Taylor!
-Flying to Nicaragua 4/20 to wait for the arrival of my first nephew!!!

D. WORK
-Continue to seek where the Lord wants me, Northpoint? Buckhead Church? Somewhere besides Atlanta?!
-Help out in Weekday as needed & babysit until I find something full time

E. CHURCH
-Continue investing in Waumba Land at Buckhead Church
-Get back into a women's small group


Eccles. 3:12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.

Looking forward to a great April, May and June.

For lives on purpose in balance.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I like this post...you have inspired me to write out some goals for myself! I'm excited to see how God will honor these goals/dreams/intentions over the next few months...I have every faith that He will in very cool ways!

Love yoU!