Wednesday, July 2, 2008

be discrete and understanding

Prov. 2:11 Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

What is discretion?
-the quality of being discreet, esp. with reference to one's own actions or speech; prudence or decorum

Am I discreet? Am I careful, cautious, controlled, and guarded with my words, thoughts, and actions? Being so will protect me.

What is understanding?
-superior power of discernment; enlightened intelligence

Am I understanding and discerning? Seeing and recognizing people and things for who and what they are will guard me.

Heavenly Father, please help me to be guarded with my words and actions and more understanding. Guarding and protecting myself does not come naturally to me. I desperately need Your help. I am so dependent on You today. Thank You for this wisdom in the book of Proverbs. I am a fool without it.

1 comments:

heather said...

Proud of you! Encouraged by your love for our Savior..the Perfector of our salvation and our Shield.
hl