Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Closed doors are just as much God's leading as open ones."

i read this quote on thursday, which was also the day i got a call that i didn't get the job... the job that i really believed God had opened a doorway to. how could i be upset after reading a quote like that?


it just seems like so many doors in my life are being closed more than they are being opened. what's up with that? i just think He wants to break me. and i'm open to that. in fact, i'm so broken right now that all that really interests me is learning more and more about what it means to surrender. i just want what He wants for me. and right now, that's for my undivided attention and submission. i've been so interested in what God can DO for me, i've been missing out on what He wants to SAY to me.

today, i am grateful for closed doors. i choose to trust God's leading. i'm listening...

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Wise words, my friend! Be sure to listen to Jeanne's two-part series she just did at 7|22 about spiritual waiting...it was AH-MAZING, and I bet it will surely resonate with things in your heart right now. I know it did in mine. :)

Love you!