Wednesday, February 27, 2008

a GREAT family


this is the Pehrson family and they're my favorite family EVER.


David (Dr. Pehrson, to me), the dad, is my boss and has been for the last four years. he is HANDS DOWN thee best boss i've ever had in my whole 13 years of working. :-)

Elizabeth, the mom, is my hero. she's who i want to be when i grow up... if that ever happens. ;-) 

i love this family for so many reasons. i LOVE the way they do life. they know how to have fun. they know how to extend grace. they know how to make eternal investments. they're passionate about raising godly generations. they're REAL. God has brought the Pehrsons into my life to show me what His desire for family looks like... a godly leader, proper submission and grace-based parenting. 

Clay Scroggins started a series at NPCC on sunday called "I Want to be Great". he asks "what makes a person great? is greatness defined by your accomplishments? your level of competence? your financial success?"

here's what Jesus says about greatness:
"Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all." (Mark 9:35) when Clay asked us to think of someone we think is great, i immediately thought of the Pehrsons. David and Elizabeth both leverage their gifts and talents on a DAILY basis to serve one another, their seven children, and others... and i am so thankful God brought them into my life to show me what great looks like. 

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Aww, I can't believe how much the little ones have grown...especially Walker! Such a sweet family, I see why you love them so much!