Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

I'M DEBT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't want to call in the Dave Ramsey show and scream it. i've never called a radio station in my life. that's just weird to me. plus, i'm not a big fan of talking on the phone. especially to people i don't even know. but Dave Ramsey with his Total Money Makeover has truly helped me with getting out of debt. it's one of the goals i had before turning 30. i've had a car payment since i was 16. this month is the first month in 13 years i didn't have a car payment.


5 years ago, my list of debts included a $20,500 car loan, about $3500 in student loans, and close to $10,000 in credit cards. what a mess. God has been so faithful. being free of this load has been such a blessing and i couldn't have done it without my family's prayers and support, sheer willpower, and steady plodding.

i'm going through Dave Ramsey's 13 week Financial Peace University right now and i HIGHLY recommend it. now i'm saving like crazy!!!

Proverbs 22:7
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

1 comments:

Andrej Tichy said...

Woooooooooowwwww!! Jessica, Andrej and I together were talking about how proud we are of you! This is incredible accomplishment, and I know that you have been working soooo hard on this! I can't believe you made it! You are so diligent and so disciplined. I'm so impressed with the way you discipline your life is so many ways.... Thanks for sharing this with us Jessica!

We love you so much!
andrej & bekah