Monday, March 17, 2008

Jesus Prays for All Believers

John 17:20-26

20"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across this prayer today..and it truly warmed my heart. for this is basically the same prayer ive prayed for the last8 yrs. Single ladies..Trust in God no matter how long it takes or no matter what the situation looks like to bring your husband in his time(Gods time).Be steadfast in your prayers and anxious for nothing. Im here as a living testimony that God is able to do what we think is the impossible...Trust me, going thru a divorce with 2 daughters, living in a small country town where eligible, african american Godly men are considered endangered species. I could not figure out how God was going to bring me my Godly husbaband. I tried desparately to help God along in the process-choosing my mate, dating men I had no business dating, failed relationship after failed relationship, lonely nights and low-self esteem..and God still did his thing, Seven yrs later... To make a long story short..God blessed me with my soon to be hubby on mothers day...miracle..Our paths had crossed many yrs before(we vaguley remembered each other.Our paths had crossed in the on-line datinging world to be exact. We lost contact, he came across his old phone with my info many,many years later..( still had the same number) and sent out Happy Mothers Day Greetings. Ladies oh my goodness!! God is awesome. From the moment I heard his voice and he heard mine we both knew God was in this...So single women of faith keep the faith!!