Sunday, January 6, 2008

be self-controlled

1 peter 1:13

"[be holy] therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully in the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."

am i being holy? am i preparing my mind for action? am i self-controlled? am i setting my hope fully in God's grace?

Lord, i have a hard time controlling myself sometimes. sometimes i confuse being self-controlled with BEING in control and i don't want to be in control. i want You to be in control. when the reigns of life are in my hands, i screw everything up. please help me be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. please help me to think BEFORE i speak. i'm sorry that i sometimes put my hope in other things and people besides You. You are my one and only true hope. i love You.

0 comments: