Friday, January 11, 2008

the Lord is with me

Psalm 118:5-6
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

Lord, when i am in anguish (severe mental or physical pain or suffering), help me to remember not to keep it inside, but to scream it out to You. You always know how i feel but i love that You want me to tell You anyways. thank You for the freedom that can only be found in You. never let me forget that You are with me. will You show me in a way that i can feel Your presence today? i choose not to be afraid in my anguish. Lord, Meredith Emerson has been on my heart and in my prayers all week. i cannot imagine the torture she went through in her time with that man. i pray that nothing like that ever happens to me or one of my loved ones but if it were Your will, i know You would be with me. i know You were with Meredith. i pray that she knew You and cried out to You. i pray You set her free from her anguish. i pray that as her family and friends gather to celebrate her life today, that anyone there who does not know You as their Lord and Savior, will be rescued by You today. please wrap Your loving arms around her family in a way that they KNOW You're there. let them know that You hear them. let them know Your touch. let them know that You love them. let that be enough.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Amen sister. Well said.