Friday, May 9, 2008

a 40 day fast

my Uncle John has inspired me to do a 40 day fast. i will start today, 5/9, and go through 6/17. i want to pay a lot of extra attention to my relationship with the Lord. since being out of work, i have wasted hours upon hours and been convicted of going "booty, God, booty". i have eaten, drank, slept, and web surfed in excess. i know that being unemployed is just temporary, but i can be doing a lot more healthy and productive things with my time than what i've been doing for the last month.
over the next 40 days, i plan to...
drink only water
eat 4 small meals a day
eat no sweets or chips
fast weekly for 24 hours
sleep no more than 9 hours a night
limit internet time to 2 hours a day
walk/bike 25 miles a week
take multi/cod liver oil/calcium/super greens
be in the Word every single day
serve generously
i am hoping at the end of these 40 days to have a renewed walk with the Lord. i am so tired of living my life for me, me, me. i want to trust recklessly. i want to grow in grace and knowledge of my Savior. i want to rest in His unconditional love.

are YOU in?

1 comments:

hootenannie said...

"Booty-God-Booty" - I'm going to work that into my vernacular. :)

I am ALL about times like this - a detox of all areas of my life. I will stand in solidarity with you, although I will not limit my internet time to 2 hours/day (I sit in front of a computer at work), and I will definitely not take cod liver oil. :)

But I am inspired to do something similar. I will think about it, and keep you posted.

Yay for blog friends!