Wednesday, May 7, 2008

power comes to its full strength in weakness

i read Passion & Purity recently and there is a prayer Elisabeth Elliot prayed often. this is my prayer tonight...

"For my loneliness, Lord - Your strength.
For my temptation to self-pity, Lord - Your strength.
For my uncontrollable longings for this man [my future husband], Lord - Your strength."


she says, "When there is real weakness, especially of the kind that surprises and humiliates us, it is our opportunity to learn what Paul had to learn through his 'thorn': the grace of God is all we need, for '...power comes to its full strength in weakness...'"



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... i love it....thank you for sharing... amazing and just what i needed to hear this morning

Jamie said...

I read that book about a year ago, and it kicked my tail....good stuff.

Weisman said...

Oh my gosh, you linked me! Wow, thanks! :) I'm just looking at your blog for the first time, but I really like it!